Aims and Objectives:
- To promote and strengthen friendship and cooperation between India and Africa in
social, political, economic, scientific, environment, cultural, intellectual fields
and build a platform for a new India African engagement, gaining trust, understanding
and cooperation of respective governments, policymakers, opinion leaders, business
leaders and prominent academicians from both the countries
- To enhance the quality of life of people of Africa ,by initiating projects in tune
with local needs after considering the ground realities ,feasibility studies and
due deliberations ensuring consensus
- To work as a catalyst for a stronger mutually beneficial India-Africa partnership
by pooling respective strengths and expertise to not only benefit the national interests
of each other but of the world
- To identify and analyze problems encountered by people of Africa with a humanitarian
perspective free from stereotypes and provide creative inputs for comprehensive
solution, taking in to confidence all stake holders involved
- To strengthen and encourage cultural exchange between India and Africa through the
medium of language, art and culture by organizing major Africa events in India and
across the world, showcasing traditional African products cinema ,documentary shows,
plays, concerts, food festivals , thereby giving insight about rich African Culture
to general public and raise funds for its further propagation
- To establish an African studies and research center to promote collaborative academic
research on major issues confronting Africa in close cooperation with institutions
of eminence and provide a forum where researchers conduct, Gather, and disseminate
findings, vital in giving a new direction to the goal of Greater Africa
- To work in close cooperation with institutions, NGO, Individuals in Africa with
similar aims and seek their valuable support in strengthening this initiative for
fulfilling the vision of IAC.
- To help deserving African students undertake higher education by facilitating scholarship
and endowments intended to mould next generation of African leaders with global
outlook who will spearhead transformation and development of Africa.
- Develop into an authentic institution of high credibility, capable of rendering
advisory assistance to designated authorities, governments, institutions and international
agencies in Poverty alleviation, Disaster Mitigation and Management, emergency aid,
forest management, wildlife protection and concerns of International importance
pertaining to Africa and vice-versa.
- Constantly strive to identify new areas of mutual co-operation and explore avenues
in strengthening the relationship and create greater spaces for dialogue and reconciliation
to promote social, political and economic integration of Africa.
- Support a number of programmes and capacity building initiatives to encourage disadvantaged
sections in Africa to learn new skills to improve employability and enhance their
abilities to become self reliant and self sufficient
- Engage in dialogue and debate, to promote public understanding of African issues
by putting to effective use, all media platforms available, to pool in diverse perspectives
and lend voice to the right African perspectives on questions of world significance.
- Publish a journal devoted to production and dissemination of information on Africa
and the Diaspora, highlighting emerging social, economic and cultural trends with
the intent to increase awareness of the critical place of Africa in the global community.
- IAC will strive to identify new areas to promote commerce, Trade, Agriculture and
Industry between India and African Countries and ensure the smooth flow of trade,
investment and joint ventures, seeking active cooperation of the existing political
dispensations and respective chambers of commerce.
- To explore diverse avenues to raise funds from agencies, donors both institutions
and individuals across countries to carry out day to activities, campaigns for furthering
its objectives as well as undertake crucial projects from time to time
- As situation warrants IAC will explore all possible collaborations, relationships
directly or indirectly with individuals ,institutions ,organizations ,corporate
with the intent to harness technical expertise, resources of all nature for synergizing
its operations for realizing its objectives